We believe successful business relationships are all about delivering value, experience, results and professionalism. Our core business is Strata Companies so we understand the complexities in this industry and love achieving results and long term relationships. What we do for Strata Companies :
- Portfolio Negotiations – Bulk Small Market Negotiations
- Procurement Strategies – For Large (Electricity/Gas/Hotwater)
- Personal Account Management – Multiple Points of Contact
- Training to Strata Managers (SCA CPD points)
- Technical Consultation – Cost Allocation, OnBilling compliance etc
- Energy Efficiency Advice on products.
- EmBedded Network Conversion and Consultation
Portfolio Negotiations – Bulk Small Market Negotiations
For strata companies that have multiple buildings from 10 -3000 we have a proven process and track record in negotiating consolidated portfolios. We will collate usage data using our software platform. We will evaluate this information and go to market under a block load. Not only will we save your clients significant money we will streamline your processing saving you time and money. You get the benefit of being proactive with your clients and we will do the work to manage and maintain the portfolio.
Procurement Strategies – For Large (Electricity/Gas/Hotwater)
A problem the strata industry faces in regards to electricity costs is it is not negotiating at the right time in the market cycle. Contracts are left to renew when they expire, giving no negotiation room. “It is all about when you move” if you don’t have a strategy to keep in front of anticipated market shifts you could be procuring in a significantly higher market. For sites already on a market contract Watt Utilities will collate usage data, compile an accurate business profile and market this to our leading retailers. Our online automated tendering service evaluates the quotes and prepares the analysis report with the contract offers best suited to your business. Our service is designed to secure the most competitive electricity pricing available on the day through forward contracting.
Personal Account Management – Multiple Points of Contact
Evey Strata Manager gets 2 points of contact with Watt Utilities + an escalation point of the owner of the business. Every Account Manager has an administrator that works with them and they also know your portfolio. Each Account manager has knowledge of the strata industry and understands usage consumption and patterns specific to strata title.
Training to Strata Managers – CPD points (Link to Above title)
Watt Utilities can provide training on the energy markets that will give your staff 1 CPD point for every 2 hours spent. Our training is on topics committees and buildings want to know about like Energy Efficiency, Cost Reduction, Embedded network or On Selling Electricity and changes in Tariffs and Legislation.
Dispute Resolution & Compliance – Cost Allocation, EmBedded Network compliance etc
Any Issues you have with how your electricity is billed or distributed we can provide technical knowledge and expertise to help resolve the most complex of problems. If you think your building may not be compliant we work closely with the AER and we can help put your mind at ease.
Energy Efficiency Advice on products.
We are your point of contact to review and vet any proposals that may be submitted to your buildings. We can advise if they legitimate or not viable to put your committees mind at ease. We also have the capacity to do independent Energy Audits to provide the best Return on Investment strategies on those wanting to save and become efficient.
EmBedded Network Conversion and Consultation
We are independent to any billing company so our advice is based on what is best for the client wanting to enter into the arrangement.
Our services are –
Strata Contestability Assessment – A report to determine viability (Profitability) for a building wanting to consolidate and implement an Embedded network. We review the costs of the metering changes, management of implementation and ongoing costs such as billing. We also run through the legal complexities and change process.
Management of Transfer – If entering into an Embedded Network Watt Utilities manage the transfer, Contract Negotiations with Retailer, Retailer Compliance to Network, Liaising with Networks and I&C officers, Onsite Managers and Electricians, AER regulation then handing over to the billing companies or the strata businesses that provide billing services.
Why Strata Companies Choose Watt Utilities
- We pro-actively manage electricity portfolios so you can concentrate on managing the day to day activities of the buildings. The BCM or Building Manager is then seen to be proactive in this area, using our expertise without the cost of time and resources internally. Your client gets the best possible outcome with professional advice.
- Proven track record in Commercial and Strata Industry with excellent understanding of its complexities. More than 65% or our portfolio is Strata Title.
- Experienced team with multiple contact points. We have the resources to work quickly with accuracy. Every Strata Manager will get an experienced Energy Account Manager with a supporting administrator who understand the Strata Industry and your portfolio.
- You have direct escalation to the owner of the business to ensure quality of service.
- Our Intellectual Property (CRM/Processes and Calculators) have been developed with strata companies in mind – we can enter dates of EGM/AGM’s and look at the market and assess whether it is viable to put electricity contracts or renewals on the Agenda.
- We are not aligned to any strata company we work independently.
- We do not do OnBilling yet can provide independent advice on the process and the legalities for strata companies and their clients.
- We can work with individual account managers or building managers to advise on strategies to maximise savings for their portfolio on energy efficiency.
- We are a silver sponsor of SCA – QLD We provide training to SCA members which achieve credit points.
- We understand Embedded Networks (OnSupply) in QLD, NSW and VIC including legalities for Strata Title Schemes.
- We consult to Bodies Corporate about conversion and running of OnSupply Schemes.
- Retailer Integration – Our Software links with the retailers to provide full transparency and reporting on Tenders.
- Closed Tender process (NOT Auction) you get the best possible price as retailers have to quote their best price first round.
“For close to 10 years, Ernst Body Corporate have appointed the experienced team at Watt Utilities to assist with not only the procurement of our clients energy requirements but the day to day management of their retailer accounts. Their reporting functionality is clear and consistent.
The results speak for themselves.
Bodies / Owners Corp
We make it simple for bodies corporate to understand the electricity and energy markets. Our team can clarify the advantages, legal requirements and further energy efficient strategies for your site. When choosing a new energy retailer, our team can guide you through the complexities of the Energy Market.