We believe successful business relationships are all about delivering value, experience, results and professionalism. Our core business is working with strata management businesses so we understand this industry and love achieving results and long term relationships. What we do for you:
- Portfolio Negotiations – bulk small market negotiations
- Procurement Strategies – for large (electricity/gas/hot water)
- Personal Account Management – multiple points of contact
- Training to Strata Managers (SCA CPD points)
- Technical Consultation – cost allocation, on billing compliance etc
- Energy Efficiency Advice on products.
- EmBedded Network Conversion and Consultation
Portfolio Negotiations – bulk small market negotiations
For strata companies with multiple buildings from 10 -3000 lots, we have a proven process and track record in negotiating consolidated portfolios. We will collate usage data using our software platform. We will evaluate this information and go to market under a block load. Not only will we save owners significant money, we will streamline your processing, saving you time and money. You have the benefit of being proactive with your clients and we will do the work to manage and maintain the portfolio.
Procurement Strategies – for large (electricity/gas/hot water)
It is important with electricity to be negotiating at the right time in the market cycle. Contracts are often left to renew once they expire, giving no negotiation room. You need a strategy to keep in front of anticipated market shifts so you are not procuring in significantly higher markets. For sites already on a market contract Watt Utilities will collate usage data, compile an accurate business profile and market this to our leading retailers. Our online automated tendering service evaluates the quotes and prepares the analysis report supplying the best suited options for your business. Our service is designed to secure the most competitive electricity pricing available on the day through forward contracting.
Personal Account Management – multiple points of contact
Every Strata Manager has two points of contact with Watt Utilities plus an escalation point of the owner of the business. Each Account Manager has an administrator who works with them and who also knows your portfolio. Account Managers have extensive knowledge of the strata industry and understand usage consumption and patterns specific to strata title.
Training for Strata Managers
Watt Utilities can provide training on energy markets. Our training covers topics committees are keen to know about including Energy Efficiency, Cost Reduction, Embedded Networks or On Selling Electricity and changes in Tariffs and Legislation.
Dispute Resolution and Compliance – Cost Allocation, Embedded Network compliance etc
Any Issues with you experience with electricity billing or distribution we can provide technical knowledge and expertise to help resolve the most complex of problems. If you are unsure if your building is compliant we work closely with the Australian Energy Regulator (AER) and we can help with your concerns.
Energy Efficiency Advice on products
We are your point of contact to review and vet any proposals that may be submitted to your buildings. We can advise if they are legitimate or not viable. We also have the capacity to do independent Energy Audits to provide the best return-on-investment strategies if you wish to save and become more energy efficient.
Embedded Network Conversion and Consultation
We are independent to any billing company so our advice is based on what is best for the client wanting to enter into the arrangement.
Our services include:
- Strata Contestability Assessment – A report to determine viability (profitability) for a building wanting to consolidate and implement an Embedded Network. We review the costs of the metering changes, management of implementation and ongoing costs such as billing. We also cover the legal complexities and change process.
- Management of Transfer – If entering into an Embedded Network, Watt Utilities can manage the transfer including; contract negotiations with the retailer, retailer compliance to network, liaising with networks and I&C officers, onsite managers and electricians, AER regulation and handing over to the billing companies or the strata businesses that provide billing services.
Why Strata Management Companies Choose Watt Utilities
- We pro-actively manage electricity portfolios so you can concentrate on managing the day to day activities of the buildings. The BCM or Building Manager is then seen to be proactive in this area, using our expertise without the cost of time and resources internally. Your client is provided with the best possible outcome with professional advice.
- Proven track record in energy procurement for both commercial and strata industries with excellent understanding of its complexities. More than 65% or our portfolio is Strata Title.
- Experienced team with multiple contact points. We have the resources to work quickly with accuracy. Every Strata Manager will have an experienced Energy Account Manager with a supporting administrator who understand the Strata Industry and your portfolio.
- You have direct escalation to the owner of the business to ensure quality of service.
- Our Intellectual Property (CRM/Processes and Calculators) have been developed with strata companies in mind – we can enter dates of EGM/AGM’s and look at the market and assess whether it is viable to put electricity contracts or renewals on the Agenda.
- We are not aligned to any strata company, we work independently.
- We do not provide on-billing but can provide independent advice on the process and the legalities for strata companies and their clients.
- We can work with individual account managers or building managers to advise on strategies to maximise savings for their portfolio on energy efficiency.
- We are a silver sponsor of SCA – QLD. We provide training to SCA members where they gain credit points.
- We understand Embedded Networks (OnSupply) in QLD, NSW and VIC including legalities for Strata Title Schemes.
- We consult to Bodies Corporate about conversion and running of OnSupply Schemes.
- Retailer Integration – Our Software links with the retailers to provide full transparency and reporting on tenders.
- Closed tender process (not auction) so you get the best possible price as retailers have to quote their best price first round.
“For close to 10 years, Ernst Body Corporate have appointed the experienced team at Watt Utilities to assist with not only the procurement of our clients energy requirements but the day to day management of their retailer accounts. Their reporting functionality is clear and consistent.
The results speak for themselves.
Bodies Corporate / Owners Corporations
We make it simple for bodies corporate and owners corporations to understand the electricity and energy markets. Our team are able to clarify the advantages, legal requirements and further energy efficient strategies for your site. When choosing a new energy retailer, our team can guide you through the complexities of the Energy Market.